Thursday, December 26, 2013

Blooming Nine Patch Quilt - Easy Four Patch Version

Here's a snippet of a Blooming Nine Patch Quilt I made using a wonderful, easier four patch shortcut taught by Judy Doenias at the City Quilter in New York.  This is an incredibly, creatively satisfying quilt to make, the color migration is thrilling, the results are always a suprise.  In my opinion, there's really no way to predict exactly how the color combination and mergings will turn out - which for a quilter is quite thrilling.  The class met once a week for three weeks, so I was able to see how other student's fabric choices worked together.  I incorporated some fabric, the pink & white fabric in this photo, that I had dyed using an arashi technique. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I have been trying to find instructions for doing the blooming nine patch as a four patch. What size are your squares and what size did you cut your strips for the four patches? It is just as beautiful but sew much less sewing. Thanks for any help you can provide. Mary in Boston.

    ReplyDelete